Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Caught Up

We are all guilty parties.

Today, I was strolling on the pavement along Tiong Bahru. I was approaching this couple who looked perfectly normal to anyone..A middle-aged man on his bike was closing in behind them and started sounding off his bell impatiently to signal...unable to get a reaction, he had to slow down until he was realli close to the couple before they realised they had to make way for the two-wheeled vehicle since it was coming from their hindside...As the man cycled past,he started blabbering all kinds of hokkien profanities like as though he just stepped on some dog poop or something...it was at that moment that I realised that the couple started communicating in hand-signs...And I felt for the both of them...Misunderstood because of their impairment, but not knowing to the old man who was cycling past, not like he cared....

I'm not being self-righteous.

Just being reflective and confessional.

In life, we often get so obsessed with the things we do or influenced by the pace set within the society that we do or say things without sparing a thought for others involved...Perhaps we just need to take a second or more off and think before we react...

Like I said...I'm guilty of the above.

I'm trying to change... :)


No comments: